IDYDC intent to implement the project of USAID KIZAZI KIPYA focusing on “Children Living and Working on the Streets’ in Iringa Municipal. With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill in the positions below to support our response;
FAMILY WORKER – 1POSITION
As a Family worker you are expected to contribute to work of Children Living and Working in the Street reintegration, your main focus being on working with families and managing reintegration case load.
The family worker will report directly to the Project Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct therapeutic support visits to families of reunified Children Living and Working on the streets.
- Develop care plans for families of reunified children; identify and document specific needs of families in accordance with support available.
- Monitor progress of the reunification families and provide timely reports on the support provided versus progress.
- Ensure criteria for selection of intensive reunification cases are clearly followed and follow up on the deliveries of the intensive support for selected families.
- Ensure selection for non-intensive reunification cases are clearly followed and refer children to the appropriate agency or case worker where applicable.
- Maintain close relationship with case managers under the USAID Kizazi Kipya Project in areas where children are being reintegrated.
- Link families to HIV testing and treatment services.
- Facilitate access to livelihood, education support, micro credit and self-helping groups for reintegration cases.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide timely reports for the family reintegration caseloads assigned to you.
- Enter valid data of your caseloads onto the data system and ensure data up to date.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all HIV testing and treatment services in areas where your caseloads reside.
- Diploma or Degree in social work or child development related studies.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year experience working with children living and working on the streets.
- Proficient with MS office
- Work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities with orphans and vulnerable children.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be 17th, May 2017 10.00 am.
For other opportunities visit our vacancies page