IDYDC has recently been selected to implement KVP interventions through USAID Boresha Afya project in three councils of Iringa Municipal Council, Mafinga Town Council and Mufindi District Council. In order to implement these interventions IDYDC is announcing the following vacant positions;
- Biomedical Focal person, position.(1 Post)
Reports to: Project Coordinator.
The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of USAID Boresha Afya Southern zone project activities at the council level. He/she will work closely with the Council, Regional and Central team to ensure the team in respective council provide high quality Biomedical services including HIVST, PrEP ,HTS, family planning, screening and referral for STIs, gender based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use. Conducting linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment to clients in their assigned council.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- With the close support from the Program officer- Biomedical services, project manager, and CHMT members, lead the council team to develop monthly Operational Plans/Route plans and monthly budget.
- Proactively participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure USAID Boresha afya activities are included in the respective CCHP.
- Liaise with peer educators to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
- Conduct weekly review of the list of index developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conducting index testing have a useable index list (Partner elicitation and tracing)
Coordination and Supervision;
- With support from the program officer- Biomedical services, project manager and DMO office, he/she will ensure the list of Government biomedical providers to provide biomedical services at the community level in the respective council is obtained.
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged USAID Boresha Afya project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with USAID Boresha Afya project.
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their set targets with fidelity and timely.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the team to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs (including IQC/EQC and proficiency test).
- Work closely with the Biomedical services program officers and CHMT members to conduct joint supportive field supervision at the council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Daily follow up on cases Linkage management of the tracked beneficiaries that received an outcome, Reconcile and compile data into the council tracking register and theIndex registers and maintain it on weekly basis
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi-directional referral network.
- Ensure all service providers properly fillall required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reportsappropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels.
- Participate in once every two weeks data review meetings with Facility Partners
Knowledge, Skills and qualifications:
- A Clinician or registered Nurse with good experience in HIV/AIDS and family planning.
- Experience in KVP-focused clinical services and working in HIV/AIDS community projects are added advantages.
- A good team player with demonstrated skills and experience in leading and coaching the team
- Ability to network and maintain professional relationship with the LGAs and other stakeholders at the Council level
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good understanding of council level healthcare system
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours
2. Biomedical Providers (12 POSTS)
Reports to: Biomedical Focal Person
The incumbent will be responsible to provide all the assigned biomedical services as per the USAID Boresha Afya Southern project biomedical SOP. Biomedical provider is expected to provide quality Biomedical services including HIVST, PrEP, HTS, family planning, screening and referral for STIs, Gender based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to offer HTS, STI/TB/GBV/alcohol/drugs screening and FP service
- Fill in the KVP health screening and required service provision tools
- Conduct index listing, partner elicitation and tracing.
- Comply with the biomedical SOPs
- Provide biomedical service at community settings.
- Ensure consistency of the information and proper documented in the respective tools
- Ensure full confidentiality and privacy of the clients information
- Prepare and submit activity reports on daily, weekly and monthly
- Participate to all required meetings
- Ensure successfully linkage of all newlyidentified HIV Positive clients to CTC
- Ensure successfully linkage for further support/services for GBV,FP,STI
- Support other duties, as required by the direct supervisor
- Nurse counsellor or Clinician
- Registered under respective professional councils
- Knowledge and experience in HTS, PrEP, HIVST, Recency Test,STI/TB/GBV/alcohol/drugs screening and FP service are the added advantages
- Experience working in community and remote areas/settings is the added advantages
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours.
3. COMMUNITY SOCIAL BEHAVIORAL CHANGE AND COMMUNICATION FOCAL PERSON (1 POST)
The Community SBCC focal person will implement HIV prevention program targeting at risk groups in the region. Working with Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young women, female sex workers (FSW) and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM), s/he will monitor the implementation of the SBCC activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan. S/he will play a key role in ensuring that the SBCC activities are conducted according to the Boresha Afya standard operating procedures, and that beneficiaries receive quality services; s/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of peer educators by facilitating monthly peer educators meetings, facilitating progress review meetings, visiting service delivery points, such as mobile biomedical services (CBHTC+ tents), BCC group education and demand creation sites, among others. The Community SBCC focal person for KVP will report to the Program Coordinator and work closely with the Regional SBCC PO.
A: Social and Behavioral Change (80%)
- Monitor the timely implementation of Social and Behavior Change Communication interventions at the CSO level
- Provide capacity building to peer educators to ensure proper planning and implementation of SBCC related activities (demand creation, group and individual education sessions) in compliance with the Boresha Afya SBCC Standard Operating Procedures (SBCC SOP)
- Facilitate the development of monthly route plans based on the mapping reports and the peer educator’s guidance to guide effective roll out of joint demand generation activities for biomedical services
- Facilitate SBCC trainings/orientation to peer educators
- Participate in the development and field test of SBCC approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and responsive methodologies.
- Link SBCC participants to biomedical services timely
- Monitor the roll out of the AGYW vulnerability index by the peer educators
- Always conforming with the peer educators on reaching the targeted populations (FSW, MSM and AGYW)
- Conduct consultative meetings with KVPs to address specific SBCC service delivery and program bottlenecks, improve promotion of family planning and HIV/ AIDS risk reduction methods among KVPs
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
Qualification and experience
- A bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma in Public Health, Social Sciences or any other related field.
4. DATA CLERK
She/he is the supervisor of the daily program data collection, data entry, reporting, data quality assurance, data storage and management.
- He/She shall maintain and supervise daily Biomedical and SBCC Data, by make sure all data are entered into respective databases and dashboards.
- Shall maintain and conduct Data collection, reporting and conduct Data quality assurance.
- Receiving reports from volunteers and enter into the database.
- Conduct regular data quality assurance, storage and management.
- Report to Focal Persons on un-valid data received from volunteers.
- Attend quarterly data reporting meeting with USAID Boresha Afya as needed.
- Responsible for any data inconsistence in the database.
- Help in the preparation of data reports and share them with Project Coordinator, DDOs and Program M&E Officers
- Adherence to rules, policies and regulations of IDYDC and USAID as provided / guided.
Qualification and experience
- A valid certificate of Diploma in Information Technology, Records management or any other related field.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795,
Or you may bring hard copies of your applications physically at IDYDC HQ offices at FIFA Grounds Mtwivila area Iringa Municipality OR Nuru FM radio offices Ben Bella Street, Gangilonga.
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be Sunday of 27th October at 12:00pm. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews not later than 06:00 pm 27th of October.