IDYDC has recently been sub-contracted by USAID Boresha Afya Project Southern Zone to extend its activities from Iringa Municipal Council to Mufindi and Mafinga District Councils, The project will focus on comprehensive and integrated health service delivery for preventative and curative services with regard to HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, MCH and Nutrition. USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone project is managed by Deloitte Consulting Ltd in partnership with FHI360, Management and Development for Health (MDH) and EngenderHealth
With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experiences persons to fill in the positions below to support our response for the extended areas (Mufindi and Mafinga District Councils) :
FOCAL PERSONS – (5 POSITIONS)
Mafinga TC: 2 Positions
Mufindi DC: 3 Positions
The main duty of Focal Person will be to implement day to day project site activities in collaboration with volunteers, other program partners i.e CTCs, Iringa Municipality Council and program beneficiaries
Roles and Responsibility
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the volunteers and CBHSPs.
- Assist project coordinator on project coordination activities when needed to do so.
- Make sure that the project targets are timely and accurately reached by working closely with other USAID Boresha Afya project staffs and volunteers.
- Plan on activities based on USAID Boresha Afya work plan and budget.
- Adherence to rules, policies and regulations of IDYDC and USAID as provided / guided.
- Preparation and timely submission of concisely activity reports including trip reports.
- Supervising project volunteers on project’s main thematic areas of TB,MNCH,HIV and GENDER&YOUTH interventions
- Compiling Monthly project reports collected from volunteers.
- Representing IDYDC in any planning, report preparation and review meetings with USAID Boresha Afya.
- Be AVAILABLE for any project ADHOC activity as needed.
- Degree/ Diploma in Public health, Community health, social work, project management, sociology or any other related disciplines.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in project coordination or supervision of volunteers and ability to interact with the community.
- Proven experience of working with HBC/CBHS or any kind of HIV programs related volunteers
- Ability to work under high pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong management skills and self confident.
- Proven Experience on formation and management of PLHIV groups.
- Proficient with MS office and MS Excel and power point presentation.
- Experience with Home Based Care Projects or working with PLHIV.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
DATA CLERK – 1 POSITION
Area of Operation: Mafinga TC and Mufindi DC
He/She will be responsible on daily program data collection, data entry, reporting, data quality assurance, data storage and management.
- A valid certificate of Certificate/ Diploma in Information Technology, Records management or any other related field.
Roles and Responsibility
- Receiving volunteers monthly and quarterly compiled reports from focal persons and enter into the Program Data Management Information System (ProDMIS)
- Conduct regular data quality assurance, storage and management.
- Report to Focal Persons on un-valid data received from volunteers.
- Responsible for any data inconsistence in the database.
- Help in the preparation of data reports and share them with Project Coordinator.
- Adherence to rules, policies and regulations of USAID and IDYDC as provided / guided.
- Perform ANY other program duties as directed by project coordinator.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with any data entry tools for HIV projects particularly DHIS 2/ ProDMIS
- Strong computer literacy especially working with MS Excel.
- Ability to write and speak fluent English and Swahili.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795’
Or physically at IDYDC head offices; Iringa Municipality, FIFA Mtwivila before 24th April 2019 Wednesday 17:00 PM
Note; Dead line for applications is scheduled to be 24th, April 2019