IDYDC is a local Non-Governmental Organization based in Iringa region southern part of Tanzania with its headquarters in Iringa Municipal. In order to expand our services for the children and youth who are living and working on the street we intend to employ someone to fill in the positions below to support our response
YOUTH WORKER– 1 POSITION
As a Youth Worker you are expected to support the work with the youth on the streets, including the implementation of the youth association model that seeks to support youth living and working on the street with life skills, and economic strengthening support.
The Youth Worker Officer will report direct to the Project Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibility
- Contribute to the formation and strengthening of Youth Association as a Safe place for youth on the Streets to express their problems as well as suggest possible solution.
- Provide regular capacity building and empowerment to youths living and working on the streets such as leadership skills and other life skills training that have been agreed on the work plan.
- Maintain relationship with various stake holder that can support in the delivery of the business, vocational and life skills training for the youth.
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of the youth activities based on agreed work plan including managing the day to day administration task of the project and undertaking monitoring.
- Build on skills and knowledge of youth through referrals group based learning activities vocational and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Establish and strong relationship with all HIV testing and treatment services in areas where the association reside.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnership with educational, social, business, NGOs and government and community organization to plan and deliver activities that engage in the best ways to enhance opportunities for Youth.
- Encourage and ensure smooth collaboration with other partner organizations in the USAID Kizazi Kipya Project.
- Diploma and degree in social work and Child Development related studies.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience working in working with children living and working on the streets.
- Proficient with MS office.
- Work experience supporting with technical or programmatic activities in orphan and vulnerable children.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be 17th, June 2018