IDYDC intent to implement the project of USAID KIZAZI KIPYA focusing on “Children Living and Working on the Streets’ in Iringa Municipal. With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill in the positions below to support our response;
PROJECT COORDINATOR- 1 POSITION
As a Project Coordinator you are expected to coordinate the work of Children and youth living on the street, including providing supervision of field activities.
Roles and Responsibility
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the street, youth and family workers.
- Ensure smooth working relationship and coordination between street, youth and reunification staff.
- Maintain close relationship with Railway Children Africa trainers, PACT cluster manager and other Kizazi Kipya project implementing partners in Mwanza.
- Support staff in making linkages to HIV services facilities for the benefit of project beneficiaries.
- Manage children data system and ensure data entered by your team is valid and up to date.
- Manage training plan and organize all planned trainings from Railway Children Africa and PACT.
- Plan and coordinator a range of Children Living and Working activities based on an agreed work plan, including managing the day to day administrative tasks of the project, undertaking monitoring, developing and managing department`s budget.
- Ensure department`s monthly/quarterly plans, budgets and reports are timely submitted to the Project Manager. To attend management meetings, team meetings, supervision and other meetings as required.
- Actively participate in local networks through a broad range of organizations and groups to enhance family/children focused activities and opportunities and identify opportunities to advocate for and on behalf of children reunified families.
- Degree in social work or project management
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in project coordination/ management role.
- Proficient with MS office.
- Work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities with orphans and vulnerable children.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be 17th, May 2017 10.00 am.
For other opportunities visit our vacancies page