IDYDC intent to implement the project of USAID KIZAZI KIPYA focusing on “Children Living and Working on the Streets’ in Iringa Municipal. With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill in the positions below to support our response;
STREET WORKER – 1 POSITION
- The Street Worker is responsible for daily outreach activities for children living and working on the street. This include overseeing the street work plan that includes education, sports activities, creative activities and access to drop in center , referral to short term care where available and access to medical care.
Roles and Responsibility.
- Identifying and making contact with new children in the street through daily street work.
- Engage children living and working on the street on the intentional street based activities that support them in transition from street life.
- Ensure medical services in emergence cases have been provided to children living on the streets through either referral to government hospital or through appointed medical service providers.
- Maintain close working relationship with family worker staff and ensure documentation of background information for identified children that are either referred to a temporary shelter center or are referred to family staff for tracing and reunification.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnership with educational, temporally and long term shelter centers, health provision centers, social welfare department, police desks and other NGOs to plan and deliver activities that engage in a ways to enhance the protection of the street children.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with all HIV testing and treatment services.
- Diploma in social work or Child development related studies.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year experience working with children living and working on the street.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities with orphans and vulnerable children.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795’
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be 17th, May 2017 10.00 am.
For other opportunities visit our vacancies page