IDYDC intends to implement the project of USAID TulongeAfya sub granted by T-MARC Tanzania. IDYDC will implement community mobilization, targeted SBCC interventions, and demand creation activities in Mufindi District Council. With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill in the position below to support our response;
DRIVER – 1 POSITION
Role and responsibilities;
- Drive project staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Recording all trips in log book, keeping records of receipts and submitting monthly reports to project coordinator.
- Maintains project vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up, fluid levels and the tires which are to be conducted on a daily basis.
- Maintains a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Officer when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Runs office errands such as message/equipment deliveries, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts.
- Report immediately any traffic accident to the insurance company and to the supervisor, assists with office tasks, such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Ordinary level (CSEE) education
- Certificate in driving from NIT or VETA
- Driving license class E, D
Skills and Experience
- Experience with donor funded projects for at least 2 years
- knowledge of English and in Kiswahili
MODE OF APPLICATION;
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795
Note: Deadline for applicants is assumed to be 29th, May 2018;