USAID Tulonge Afya Field/SBCC officer (2)
IDYDC intends to implement the project of USAID TulongeAfya sub granted by T-MARC Tanzania. IDYDC will implement community mobilization, targeted SBCC interventions, and demand creation activities in Mufindi District Council. With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill in the position below to support our response;
IDYDC is currently implementing USAID Tulonge Afya project subgranted by T-MARC Tanzania who implements the project in partnership with FHI 360, as the prime partner. Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the project aims to catalyse opportunities for Tanzanians to improve their health status by transforming socio-cultural norms and supporting the adoption of healthier behaviours through achievement of the following intermediate results;
- Result 1: Improved ability of individuals to practice healthy behaviours
- Result 2: Strengthened community support for health behaviours
- Result 3: Improved systems for coordination and implementation of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) interventions
The project works closely with sister project USAID Boresha Afya, which is mandated to strengthen the provision of health services at facilities in Tanzania. USAID Tulonge Afya provides SBCC support for USAID Boresha Afya to drive community members’ demand for health services.
IDYDC is looking for field officers to help in project implementation in three district councils of Iringa which are Iringa MC, Kilolo DC and Mufindi DC.
Field officer will be responsible for overall supervision of project activities in the respective council and report to Project Coordinator. These includes all SBCC activities, data collection and reporting, representing the project at the district council and collaborating with district health promotion coordinator.
Roles and responsibilities;
- Supervise project volunteers in their day to day project activities
- Coordinate distribution of SBCC materials to the volunteers and community.
- Train and mentor volunteers to improve the delivery of SBCC messages to the target audience.
- Identify gaps in project implementation and suggest what can be improved.
- Use the USAID Tulonge Afya web based system to enter data and use the data to make informed decisions.
- Preparing activity report and monthly report.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following or related fields: public health, health communications, behavioral sciences, health promotion, social sciences or community development with 2-3 years of relevant experience or a Diploma in any of the above fields with 3-5 years relevant experience.
Skills and Experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills and proficient in both English and Kiswahili.
Experience with donor funded projects
MODE OF APPLICATION;
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail;
The Executive Director,
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC),
Post Office Box 795,
Note; Deadline for application is scheduled to be 5th November 2019