FOCAL PERSONS – 3 POSITIONS (Closed)
IDYDC has recently been sub-contracted by USAID Boresha Afya Project , The project will focus on comprehensive and integrated health service delivery for preventative and curative services with regard to HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, MCH and Nutrition. The project area as per USAID Boresha Afya -IDYDC Sub-contact will be Iringa Municipality. USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone project is managed by Deloitte Consulting Ltd in partnership with FHI360, Management and Development for Health (MDH) and EngenderHealth.
With this regard IDYDC now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experiences persons to fill in the Focal Person position.
The main duty of Focal Person will be to implement day to day project site activities in collaboration with volunteers , other program partners i.e CTCs, Iringa Municipality Council and program beneficiaries .
Roles and Responsibility
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the volunteers and Community Health Workers.
- Assist project coordinator on project coordination activities when needed to do so.
- Make sure that the project targets are timely and accurately reached by working closely with other USAID Boresha Afya project staffs and volunteers .
- Plan on activities based on USAID Boresha Afya work plan and budget.
- Adherence to rules, policies and regulations of IDYDC and USAID as provided / guided.
- Preparation and timely submission of concisely activity reports including trip reports.
- Assist data clerk on data verification activities before submitting to donor.
- Representing IDYDC in planning, report preparation and review meetings with USAID Boresha Afya.
- Representing IDYDC in USAID Boresha Afya stakeholders meetings as needed.
- Degree in social work , project management , sociology or any other related disciplines.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in project coordination or supervision of volunteers and ability to interact with the community.
- Ability to work under high pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong management skills and self confident.
- Proficient with MS office and MS Excel and power point presentation.
- Experience with Home Based Care Projects or working with PLHIV.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply and send their applications enclosing detailed certificates copies of relevant education, professional qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees and their contacts using the below respective address and e-mail ;
The Executive Director;
Iringa Development Youth Disabled and Children Care (IDYDC)
Post Office Box 795
Note; Dead line of applications is scheduled to be 20th May 2017.
For other opportunities please visit vacancies page